Thursday, May 10, 2007

Consumed by God

I was brouwsing through some prophetic art and I found this awesome picture by David Costello. It was inspired by the song Sapphire Sea (on my new CD that I bought from Faytene's table at the conference). Being highly visual, this portrays so much!! During worship, we receive from God - Lord, let the "River of God" spill over me and consume me.

Here are some excerpts from Sapphire Sea
(from the CD: Temple Dance by JoAnn McFatter)

Sapphire Sea, spilling over me
O let me know holy ecstasy, holy ecstasy
Lapping waves of fire, answer my desire
Fill me with the knowledge of my God,
The knowledge of my God

I long to lay before the Throne,
To hear the sounds I’ve never known.
Sound of wings like the voice of great waters.
Cries, yes, even the song of the martyrs as they cry out,
“Worthy, Worthy, Worthy is this One to break the seal”

River of God that knows no bounds
Twenty-four elders as they cast their crowns
Open our eyes so we can see
I wanna know, I wanna know

The secrets and the mysteries
Hidden in Your waves,
Hidden in Your water,
Hidden in Your fire,
O come spill over me

5 comments:

Jen said...

I Absolutely LOVE this Cheryl!!!

It speaks volumes!

Nana Cheryl said...

I wanted to write more, but it's like I can't put it into words - the picture is saying it all. I "see" so much in this picture. "Heavenly Download" "Receiving" from God. "Wash Over Me" "Let the River Flow" "Fill me Lord!!"

It is even more special because I have the song that inspired this picture. Lord, let Your creativity flow!!!

Rhonda said...

BEAUTIFUL picture Cheryl. I would love it in a painting.

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! What an inspiring picture!!! I'll have to check out the site. I am amazed at how many cool sites you find.

saffiertje said...

ABSolute Awesome! I was just sitting and lokked and it is so overwelming! thanx for sharing!
Miranda