Thursday, April 19, 2007

Busy-ness (Victoria Gaines)


I really like what Victoria wrote in her post "Teach Us to Number our Days"

Has life for you become frantic and exhausting? Stop and assess. Are you overworked? Overcommitted? Overwhelmed?

This week I asked myself these questions:

- Do I take time to deepen my relationship with God on a daily basis?
- Do any of my activities hinder me from living out my calling?
- Do I spend enough time with friends and family?
- Do I take time for renewal and relaxation?

How about you? Pray and modify your schedule where needed. Ask the Lord to show you how to live the life He intends you to live. Never mind what others are doing.

“So teach us to number our days, that we may get a heart of wisdom.” ~Psalm 90:12 (ESV)

“Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!”~ Psalm 90:17 (ESV)


It is so, so easy to be overwhelmed with busy-ness. There are so many things that we feel MUST be done now and it all takes TIME!! God has a timetable that doesn't always align with ours. We need to ask Him each day -"What do YOU want me to do today?"

Thank you, Victoria. These are very vital questions. Their answers will definately influence how we walk in God's peace and fulfill His calling for us. Very practical steps. God help us with our answers

Selah Y

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good provoking thought Cheryl.

Anonymous said...

Ps- did you want to join Holly and I and her team on the Reformation journey again?

Check out the site. No pressure. Just enjoy your input.

Nana Cheryl said...

Yes, I will be joining too. :o)
(Glad the 21 days is up for the last one!!)

Jen said...

Cheryl

Boy! It's so easy to get caught up in "doing good".
I am constantly reevaluating my busyness. Some I know is a necessary season...then I look for the other areas that may have to be slowed down to compinsate.
I have learned to hear God on what I am to do...and only say yes to those things....no matter what that looks like to others....Over committing is an ongoing battle though.
Thanks Cheryl

Rhonda said...

Thanks Cheryl for the challenging questions. I always enjoy reading your blog. You are very thought-provoking.

Rhonda said...

Hey Cheryl

I've nominiated you for the Thinking Blogger Award. Check it out on my site.

Vicki said...

So sweet of you to mention my blog...God bless you, my friend.

~Vicki
http://victoriagaines.com