Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 13 - Pulled

Did you ever succeed in one area, only to slip in another? When we focus too much on any one thing, we can become out of balance. "Too much of a good thing" is really a true statement.
My goals are sometimes in conflict. I am writing again - every day :o) - which takes more time, and thus makes me "busier" than before. Keeping the Blog is really fun and I am enjoying it emmensely. (Thank you, Cheryl!!) I am even starting a second blog - to display some of my writings (past and hopefully, more in the future). This again adds more to my schedule - in direct conflict with reducing my "busyness."
Ever feel like you are being pulled in 2 directions at once or that you've come up against an unmovable obstacle? Sometimes pure will-power is not enough. Perseverence and determination are good, but do we really "have the victory"? We can wear ourselves out trying to "overcome" in our own strength. Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light. If we are wearing ourselves out, we need to stop and check to see if we are fighting the right battle.
Selah Y

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree Cheryl.
I am reading an awesome book right now that encourages you not to even focus on your weakness, but instead focus your time on your strengths. This way you will be really happy, and productive. FYI, its called Strengths Finder 2.0, it has an online test, that I just took today.
I am glad you are focusing on something that is your strength (writing) Don't be afraid to let something else go, so you can pursue your strenght and what makes you happy!!